Spirits of the Void
While there are more than a few pirates who ply the vast open spaces of the Void, none is more feared than those known as the Spirits of the Void. They have a reputation for appearing as if out of nowhere, fighting with quarter neither asked nor given, taking what they want, and leaving few if any survivors.
Note: The oni image used in the flag was created by Delapouite.
All of the vessel's crew are detailed as follows.
- The captain, Lord Kyodaina, is an oni (refer to page 221 of the Bestiary for details).
- His marines are ogres, sixteen in number (refer to page 220 of the Bestiary for details).
- There are thirty human crew members who man the rigging (see below for details).
- The navigator is Mr. Osoroshi, a half-ogre diviner (see below for details).
- Lord Kyodaina's companion is an enchanter, Lady Hasu (see below for details).
- She has bonded with a spirit oni as her familiar (refer to page 209 of Bestiary 3 for details).
Use the deck plan for a junk, which can be found at the following link.
Each of the private cabins (area 2) provides quarters for a pair of ogres. The captain's cabin (area 3) is home, of course, to Lord Kyodaina. Lady Hasu has a private cabin (area 5) to herself. The cargo hold (area 7) is filled with both piles of contraband and hammocks for the ordinary sailors, along with Mr. Osoroshi.