For those who are interested, by the way, here's a link to more pictures of my brother's projects.
This has brought a number of issues to my mind, including the following.
- It's fun to be playing D&D again. I know that Pathfinder is 3rd Edition by another name, but still.
- The more rules-light take of 5e has been a nice change of pace. I ran Pathfinder for my 2017-18 campaign, and sometimes the heavy mechanics slow down the pace of play.
- Along those lines, I enjoyed running Savage Worlds for my 2018-19 campaign; it was a nice change of pace, and I still have plenty of material for future adventures.
- I've been hearing and reading mixed reviews for Pathfinder 2, which makes me wonder if I want to buy into the new system. I could, of course, continue playing the old one, for which I have lots of books, but when I run games at conventions it's nicer when they are still widely available in print.
- Green Ronin also announced that they'll be relaunching their iconic Freeport setting--the one that started my interest in pirates and thus led to me creating this blog in the first place--for a new game system. Scuttlebutt has it that this will be Fantasy Age, Green Ronin's own game. I'm really torn about the idea of buying a new game just to be able to play in Freeport.
Only time will tell...