Female human wizard 7
NG medium humanoid
Init +1; Senses Perception -1
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+1 Dex, +1 deflection)
hp 34 (7d6+7)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Quarterstaff +3 (1d6)
Ranged Light crossbow +4 (1d8)
Special Attacks Spells
Str 10, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 16
Base Atk +3; CMB +3; CMD 14
Feats Combat Casting, Eschew Materials, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus (enchantment), Silent Spell, Still Spell
Skills Craft (writing) +6, Knowledge (arcane) +7, Knowledge (geography) +7, Linguistics +7, Spellcraft +7
Languages Common, Dwarven, Elven, Draconic
SQ Arcane bond (amulet), arcane school (enchantment), cantrips
Combat Gear Clothing, spellbook, quarterstaff, light crossbow, case of 10 bolts, amulet, pouch with writing materials, cloak of resistance +1, ring of protection +1, elixir of love
Spells per Day: 4/5/4/3/1
Spells Known: All cantrips; charm person, comprehend languages, hypnotism, identify, mage armor, shield, sleep; daze monster, eagle's splendor, invisibility, touch of idiocy; arcane sight, dispel magic, hold person, suggestion; charm monster, lesser geas
Lady Hasu was once a Navigator, but now she is the courtesan of Lord Kyodaina. Her task is to beguile his enemies, winning their confidence and thus causing them to lower their defenses, thereby allowing her allies to take exploit them.
Male ogrekin wizard 7
CN Medium humanoid (giant)
Init +0; Senses Perception +0; low-light vision
AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 natural, +1 deflection)
hp 55 (7d6+28)
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Quarterstaff +8 (1d6+5)
Ranged Light crossbow +3 (1d8)
Special Attacks Spells
Str 20, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 5
Base Atk +3; CMB +8; CMD 18
Feats Greater Spell Focus (divination), Greater Spell Penetration, Improved Familiar, Scribe Scroll, Skill Focus Spellcraft), Spell Focus (divination), Spell Penetration
Skills Appraise +13, Knowledge (arcane) +13, Linguistics +13, Profession (sailor) +10, Spellcraft +16
Languages Common, Draconic, Giant
SQ Deformities (thick skin, weak mind); arcane bond (familiar); arcane school (divination)
Combat Gear Clothing, cloak or resistance +1, ring of protection +1, spellbook, component pouch, writing materials, quarterstaff, light crossbow, case of 10 bolts, elixir of vision
Spells per Day: 4/5/4/3/1
Spells Known: All cantrips; comprehend language, detect secret doors, feather fall, identify, mage armor, shield, true strike; detect thoughts, fox's cunning, locate object, see invisibility; arcane sight, clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, tongues; locate creature, scrying
Mr. Osoroshi is a diviner, and acts as navigator for the crew of the Void Spirit. While his services are thus valuable, he is often mistreated by the others—by Lord Kyodaina because his is inferior, by Lady Hasu because he is ugly, and by the ogres because he is not as strong. For that reason, his loyalty to his fellows may not be so strong as they suspect.
Mrs. Kireina, the Cat
N Tiny animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +4 natural)
hp 27 (half of Mr. Osoroshi's)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +6
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +4 (1d2-4), bite +4 (1d3-4)
Space 2½ ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Str 3, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 7
Base atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 6 (10 vs. trip)
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Climb +6, Perception +7, Stealth +14; Racial Modifiers Climb +4, Stealth +4
SQ Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, deliver touch spells, speak with master, speak with animals of its kind
While most people think of Mrs. Kireina as nothing more than a comforting pet kept by a lonely and unhappy person, she is in fact Mr. Osoroshi's secret weapon. In her feline way, she often rubs herself against people's legs; what they don't know is that this allows the ogrekin to deliver touch spells against them. Given her small size and natural stealth, too, she can spy for him on situations in which he would not be so secretive.
Using these Pirates in an Aetherial Adventures Campaign
The Spirits of the Void can be used in all sorts of adventures, including a few of the following options.
- The pirates of the Void Spirit make their living by prowling the Asteroid Belt between Tyr and Thonar, waiting for hapless victims on whom they can pounce. In this way they have made themselves particular enemies of the Dwarven Mining Guild, the Elven Navy, and the Royal Interplanetary Company.
- As mentioned above, Lord Kyodanai uses Lady Hasu and Mr. Osoroshi as his spies; the prior is adept at charming the unwary, while the latter uses his divination spells to reveal secrets whether people suspect him or not.
- Indeed, Lady Hasu has also become a favorite courtesan of various Navigators; they, in turn, are part of her unwitting information network.
- Lord Kyodanai and his entourage can sometimes be found at the asteroid settlement known as The Grotto, where they sell stolen cargo, spend money on rest and entertainment, and purchase supplies for new voyages. They are, in fact, one of the most bloodthirsty crews that is part of the Freebooter's Fellowship.
- An especial interest of Mr. Osoroshi is the mysterious Wyrmholes that sometimes appear throughout the Sol System. He believes that they can lead to other star systems and possibly even different planes of existence, and intends to find some kind of pattern in their seemingly random appearance and disappearance.
- What is more, the ogrekin's loyalties to the other officers and crew members of the Void Spirit have worn thin due to the harrassment to which he is often subjected. Should he be offered a new employment, something that would be more comfortable for him (and, more importantly, Kireina), then he might turn on his old comrades.